I’ve made an import rss comments for wordpress. This script is useful when you have a wordpress free hosting such as blogsome or blogthing and you want migrate all comments.
Here below the steps to import all your posts and comments from blogsome to wordpress :
- Read my previous post and my previous comments.
- Login to the blogsome dashboard and see how many comments you have? (ie: 679 comments).
- Set rss options on Option >> Reading to 679 or set to 700. Save it.
- Open http://XXX.blogsome.com/comments/feed and save it (ie: rss-comments.xml).
- Upload rss-comments.xml and put that file on wp-admin directory.
- Download import-comment-rss.php and then edit import-comment-rss.php and replace define(‘RSSFILE’, ”); with define(‘RSSFILE’, ‘rss-comments.xml’);
- Upload import-comment-rss.php and put that file on wp-admin directory.
- Open http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin/import-comment-rss.php and follow the steps on your screen.
- This scripts is modified from import-rss.php
- There’s no URI, IP, Email and User Agent commenter on rss comments, so you can’t import them to the new database.